Stealing jellyfish souls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today's dive was the attack of the stinging nettles. They stung me in several places. I got them back by capturing their souls with my camera! :D

89j17.jpg

89j16.jpg

89j19.jpg

89j18.jpg

Wow! I remember being stung several times (more times than I could count) by jellyfish in Key West about 10 years ago. I was VERY pregnant and couldn't fit a wetsuit. I snorkelled, and my family dove.

Very nice pics! Hope you're not too splotchy from the stings. :wink:

Very nice shots!!! Have been stung a few times myself....Didn't have my camera with me to get back at them though!!!

If those pics are taken from as close as it seems, no wonder you got stung :p
Very nice pics tho :D

Tigerman:
If those pics are taken from as close as it seems, no wonder you got stung :p...
The magic of 54mm zoom and photoshop cropping! :D

BEST THREAD TITLE OF THE YEAR!

sounds like a movie!

We recently had a big influx of "blue jellies" ..from deeper water?

anyway, my daughter was surfing and she wears all these tiny wooden Bohemian looking beads wrapped around her wrist, and the tennacles got wrapped up in them..hahahaha...she was in here earlier "complaining" about the concentration of the stings.

Great pics, Yoda. Our Sea Nettles and Egg Yolks have finally gone elsewhere. For about a month, we were bouncing off them on all of our safety stops. There were literally millions. Didn't need any 54mm magic, they were up close and personal!

Larry C:
... Didn't need any 54mm magic, they were up close and personal!
These guys were close enough to be stung and since I had been hit already I decided to give them a little room. They were smaller than I've seen in the past so I needed to fill the frame as much as possible without getting a handshake from the long tentacles. I still had a good amount of dead space in the picture so a little crop was needed (a little artistic positioning too :D).

Gorgeous pictures . . . Jellyfish are so beautiful, and so annoying. We're enjoying a plague of egg yolk jellies this summer, and I've been stung a couple of times. Since the only part of a PNW diver that's exposed is his mouth, it's always the upper lip that gets it -- Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom