Staying on Nangyuan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re-awakening this thread in hopes someone has a good recommendation....

A friend is coming from the UK to stay with me on Samui and wants to go check out the nearby islands too. Planning a few days on Koh Tao. I want to do a day of diving (this seems to be mean four dives -- two in the morning, two in the afternoon) but my friend is not a diver. Last time I stayed on Sairee the beach there is pretty bad... not good for swimming at all, the water seemed pretty murky/dirty. So I'm trying to decide on a location where I can go diving and she can go swimming/snorkelling or pop over to a cooking class while I'm underwater. Anybody have any ideas?

If you are interested in a chill type of atmosphere I recommend Asia Divers. They are located in Sairee yet not on the beach. Some what of a smaller dive school. Max is 6 people per group but lately its been sort of slow on the island so I wouldn't be surprised if its just you guys and an instructor. The rooms are nice and they also have a pool restaurant and small bar on the property. Its about a 3-5 minute walk down to the beach and all the party's so if you want to go out its certainly not far. asia-divers.com

So dear Babyfugu, how was it? Have you done your vacation/diving trip?
I had my small experience too in that part of thailand. i slept 4 nights in koh nangyuan which were actually too much! and of course i did some dives around there... being honest, i would not reccomend to the friends of mine to take a diving holiday there. i'd rather choose phi phi if i'd want to keep that sense of wild island. still cheap dives and courses, and better dive sites as well.
however i hope you had good fun though!

Back
Top Bottom