staying in phuket, day-trip dive to richelieu rock. is it do-able?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, im traveling with family and staying in Phuket from 2nd-7th Jan 2015. I am very keen on taking a day out to dive and be able to catch manta-rays / whale shark. I hear that Richelieu Rock would be my best bet.

- But i can only manage a day-trip so wanted to ask if that would be too inconvenient i.e. road trip from phuket to khao lak and then boat ride to Richelieu Rock and back, all within a day?

- Any recommendations on some of the better dive shops that can probably manage this whole trip?

- Lastly, if anyone is interested in joining the above trip i.e. travel from phuket to do a day-trip dive at Richelieu Rock b/w 2-7th Jan 2015, pls PM me.

thanks!

Yes, very recently answered.

In addition, book now, otherwise you may be disappointed and not get any space on the boat.

You have probably already booked accommodation on Phuket, but if not, and if what you are doing is a beach vacation, I would just take my whole family to Khao Lak instead. It is much calmer and nicer there in my opinion.
I hope you have a great time, both above and below the water!

Back
Top Bottom