Staying Downtown and diving at a shop 30 min away?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone ventured down that new bypass road? I wonder if it comes out on 30 or 65??
Apparently it's not open yet.

@MMM - yeh, it has been taking my crew a good 45 minutes to get back to town from the marina some days after the trip - it's insanity - I can't deal with it. 34 ships next week - guess I'll be staying in the serenity of my home again all week. Sad that we cannot get even a day of reprieve from them anymore.

Apparently it's not open yet.

@MMM - yeh, it has been taking my crew a good 45 minutes to get back to town from the marina some days after the trip - it's insanity - I can't deal with it. 34 ships next week - guess I'll be staying in the serenity of my home again all week. Sad that we cannot get even a day of reprieve from them anymore.
This is why I like to stay at the Occidental! We do venture into town for dinner once or twice, but for the most part, that far south you feel somewhat isolated.

I have been going to Cozumel annually for over 20 years, first few trips I did the AI's down south. I finally realized my mistake. Stay in town! I have been staying at the Casa Mexicana and diving with Aldora, it works for me. There are many other places to stay and other dive ops which have been mentioned in this thread that pick up in town. All are good. You will miss a large part of the Cozumel experience if you are trapped way down south. The local restaurants and Sunday night on the square are not to be missed.

I think the issue has been covered. Re your concerns, contact Christi's op for availability. Pick up 5 minutes from CM. Great DMs, great boats, and they'll let you dive your dive up to 70 minutes, even if others have gone up early. At her op, the early birds wait for the divers to finish, not the other way around.

Eat at El Moro, Le Chef, K'ooben Laab, Del Sur (at least for dessert empanadas), La Perlita, las Otates....

Christi's for the win! We've been once so far, dove with her OP, and stayed in an airbnb right down town. Everything is close, couldn't be more convenient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom