Staying at Hol Chan Reef Resort, way south...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimbody

Caribbean Connoisseur
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Now that things are settled with our lodging and airfare...heading down in June to make the Lobster Fest and will do a nice 10 day stay at the resort mentioned in the thread title with some diving interspersed in there.

With that in place I must now decide who will be the most patient with a southern resort and a group of 3-5 divers, two beginners, three advanced. Based on enough reviews here, the Blue Hole makes no sense to me as I'd rather enjoy two to three dives and more rum in lieu of the day long adventure. :wink: I've read about Island Divers, and Ecologic but I feel Ecologic is too far north for us.

I'd like to know who has small groups, could easily accommodate our group of 5 by ourselves and do a bang up job of dropping us off correctly and along the right lines, currents, etc... Our group likes seclusion and we don't want to be super close to town or noise. We can entertain ourselves quite well but we still want to go into town and eat from time to time. We've dove with Blue XTSea in Cozumel and got quite spoiled on our last trip so if you have a similar experience to CC's company let me know what will gel in AC.

I'm getting excited now as it's really happening. BTW, got three roundtrip tix Wanna Get Away fares for $900 from HOU to BZE, booyah.

Now that things are settled with our lodging and airfare...heading down in June to make the Lobster Fest and will do a nice 10 day stay at the resort mentioned in the thread title with some diving interspersed in there.

With that in place I must now decide who will be the most patient with a southern resort and a group of 3-5 divers, two beginners, three advanced. Based on enough reviews here, the Blue Hole makes no sense to me as I'd rather enjoy two to three dives and more rum in lieu of the day long adventure. :wink: I've read about Island Divers, and Ecologic but I feel Ecologic is too far north for us.

I'd like to know who has small groups, could easily accommodate our group of 5 by ourselves and do a bang up job of dropping us off correctly and along the right lines, currents, etc... Our group likes seclusion and we don't want to be super close to town or noise. We can entertain ourselves quite well but we still want to go into town and eat from time to time. We've dove with Blue XTSea in Cozumel and got quite spoiled on our last trip so if you have a similar experience to CC's company let me know what will gel in AC.

I'm getting excited now as it's really happening. BTW, got three roundtrip tix Wanna Get Away fares for $900 from HOU to BZE, booyah.
The new Island Divers location is pretty far south. Ecologic might come get you if you ask. Its not that far south. Besides, it takes like 5 or 10 minutes to get down there by boat. I always dive with Island Divers these days. Small groups and the right balance between fun and safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom