Staying at El Cid La Ceiba in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travel2sunshine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone,

Has been a while since I have been on the boards and lost track of many of you that we meet last time we were in Cozumel. Hope everyone is doing well and having lots of fun diving.

I will be going to Cozumel with my husband Nov 24, 2007 and staying at El Cid La Ceiba. Anyone say here before? We got a timeshare exchange with a 2 bedroom, so hoping it will be nice. I am trying to see if they have a dive shop on site and what the name of the company is? Are they any good?

Is anyone planning a group club dinner in Cozumel during Nov 24 - 30th???

Time to get all my planning together for this trip, so any information you can help with would be much appreciated :)

Marsha Parks

Marsha - saw you post on the Nov SBer's ... are you going this year? Or 2008? Didn't know if the 2008 was a typo ....

We've considered a timeshare trade for El Cid, but then didn't do it, so I'll be curious to see how you like it, as it might be a future option ....

Sorry, had a type :)

We really are going 2007. I can't believe I am wishing the years away. Anyway, looks like a nice place since the remodel. Will report once we get back for others. In the mean time, lookinh for someone who might know the name of the dive shop on site and how to contact them. Thanks.

Marsha

We've only stayed there once, and it was last September (06). At that time the dive shop area was still being re-built from the WILMA awful hurricane as was the dive boat on-site pier. Sorry I don't know if they have an on-site operator now. For some reason I'm thinking it used to be Del Mar Aquatics?? or ???. While we were there, we simply used Dive With Martin who's shop is right next door to El Cid La Ceiba in the International Cruise ship pier area. However, to be perfectly honest, I think any dive shop you choose can pick you up at most hotels on the island as long as they are south of the downtown area. Simply ask the dive op to confirm that you want to be picked up at Ceiba. Enjoy your stay there. It was quiet there last September. Be prepared for $4 taxi ride into town and a $5 taxi ride back at night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom