Staying at Barcelo Maya Palace. Suggestions for a good operator for Discover Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a friend that is going to be in Riviera Maya. He would like to try a Discover Scuba. Anybody have any suggestions for a shop. I have know the kid since he was born and need a place where he would be able to do this safely. Thanks for your help

There is an onsite scuba concession. They lead pool sessions and discover scuba dives every day, sometimes twice a day.

Can't vouch for the quality but at least it's on property.

email scorpio divers. They are awesome! Search them on the forum, tons of great reviews.

Www.scorpiodivers.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think the onsite dive op is Dressell Divers. I know they are one of the bigger operations, does anyone have an opinion of good or bad for this operator?

---------- Post Merged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:35 PM ----------

email scorpio divers. They are awesome! Search them on the forum, tons of great reviews.

Www.scorpiodivers.com

I will send this to my friend. Thanks for the information. How close are they to Barcelo Maya Palace?

Last edited:
I was at Barcelo last feb for two weeks. I did not dive with Dressel because I did not like how crowded their boats were. I have heard that Blue Experience Diving, Akumal a good shop. They are close by in Akumal.

I was at Barcelo Maya Palace in april and I dived with Dressel, the onsite dive shop. They offer scuba discovery but its expensive. About 170$ for 2 dives.. if you only want to do 1 dive.. its still 170$

Its a good dive shop and they are very professional. They is no reason to go to a shop outside the resort unless you are going to Cozumel.

Do a search here for dressel divers and scorpio divers. I've been diving with russell and scorpio divers. I will say that by far they are one of the best diving operations I have ever had the pleasure dive with.

scorpio will pick you up from your hotel and take you to their marina.

I stayed here for my honeymoon and liked dressel divers. Really cool resort. They only did 1 tank dives when we were there though.

It will be a discover scuba for him. He is really excited! I have sent him the information. Thanks everybody!

Back
Top Bottom