Starting out... looking for good used camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just went ahead and bought the Canon A570 IS and the underwater housing. Everything came out to $330.00 with tax and shipping. I bought the underwater housing on Amazon for 169 with 2 day shipping and bought the camera on ebay for 149 with 2 day shipping also. I want the camera and housing to be at my house by friday because i'm going diving on saturday. This was I can take pics and post it on here =-)

Good going, a couple months ago camera & Canon UW housing were going for a little over $300 US from Amazon.com(free shipping).The price you got it for still beats what we were paying for them a little over a year ago(I think I paid a little over $400 US for them).....Get back if you want to try the settings that I use, they are really very simple......
1st thing I would do, put the camera in the UW housing & get VERY familiar with the buttons on the case, that way in the heat of battle you can get some better shots.......good luck......

Good going, a couple months ago camera & Canon UW housing were going for a little over $300 US from Amazon.com(free shipping).The price you got it for still beats what we were paying for them a little over a year ago(I think I paid a little over $400 US for them).....Get back if you want to try the settings that I use, they are really very simple......
1st thing I would do, put the camera in the UW housing & get VERY familiar with the buttons on the case, that way in the heat of battle you can get some better shots.......good luck......

Thanks for your help and thanks for allowing me to contact you in the future in regards to settings and what not as im sure I will most definitely need your help. The camera and housing should get here today and I am going diving tommrow off my boat. I think im going to do a 25 foot reed called Emerald Reef 1 mile off Key Biscayne which many people don't know about. Hopefully i'll find it with my gps coordinates. Thanks again!

I finally got my camera and messed around in the pool with it today. Here is one of the cooler shots I took. I know its nothing on the level you guys are at but like I said I was just messing around in my backyard.

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

I just went ahead and bought the Canon A570 IS and the underwater housing. Everything came out to $330.00 with tax and shipping. I bought the underwater housing on Amazon for 169 with 2 day shipping and bought the camera on ebay for 149 with 2 day shipping also. I want the camera and housing to be at my house by friday because i'm going diving on saturday. This was I can take pics and post it on here =-)

I'm envious of you guys -- here in Hong Kong I am having a difficult time finding the A570; I haven't even tried to find the housing yet...every shop is out of stock. I know that we tend to be a little ahead of the US on tech gadgets/mobile phones/etc., but I didn't think that finding a camera would be such a hassle. :shakehead:

I'm considering the Sea & Sea DX-1G with housing, but it is much more expensive. I would rather try the Canon after seeing some of the photos which you guys have posted here. :14:

Why not order it from the US? I order stuff into Australia all the time. Shipping isn't that much and it's fast to us at least...

yes, that would be the way to go...but, as luck would have it, I walked into a small computer shop today after I saw a case displaying a few small digital cameras: They had the A570 IS and the WP-DC12! I was stoked! They charged me a bit more than what I've seen online (I paid HK$1275 [~US$164] for each item) but I had to get them. I've been searching around for those things for a few weeks and was about to give up.

thanks for the great forums on this site - I'm a newbie here as you can see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom