Started his Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My son got to Great Lakes yesterday to begin Navy basic training. Its kind of strange as a parent to sit here and think about what he's going through, and for the first time in his life I can't just pick up the phone and call him or jump in the car and go get him.

He has signed up for DC and then Fleet Diver. I am so excited for him. It was exactly 20 years ago this month that I enlisted in the Army Reserve, so I guess it is a little reminicient as well.

I'm sure there are some others on this board that can relate to the way I'm feeling right about now.

Julie

Juls64:
My son got to Great Lakes yesterday to begin Navy basic training. Its kind of strange as a parent to sit here and think about what he's going through, and for the first time in his life I can't just pick up the phone and call him or jump in the car and go get him.

He has signed up for DC and then Fleet Diver. I am so excited for him. It was exactly 20 years ago this month that I enlisted in the Army Reserve, so I guess it is a little reminicient as well.

I'm sure there are some others on this board that can relate to the way I'm feeling right about now.

Julie
He will most likely love it. Very character building. I still have very fond memory's of my military days. In fact I wish I was still there...

My hat is off to you and your son, tell him I said Thank You.

Great news, my hat is off to the both of you!
At least he is doing something in life and not sitting around home doing absolutely nothing. He is doing something that most kids his age are not doing now. Anyway, congratulations

Back
Top Bottom