Starbucks' is Open in Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know some of you either don't want to hear it or could care less...but myself and many other islanders are happy little clams now :) It's the one US chain I have missed...just because they are the ONLY place that knows how to make a real iced coffee!

Prices are actually a little lower than in the states too. It's in Punta Langosta for anyone interested. They have all the same drinks as well as pastries, deli sandwiches, and Starbuck's merchandise.

For all of you who have supported and supplied my Starbucks addiction for the last six years...THANK YOU! You're off the hook now :wink:

Please if you can, refrain from the "Why would they open a Starbuck's in Cozumel" comments...you can always skip it...but for those of us who live here, and for those who HAVE to have their Starbuck's...it's a good thing :)

Congrats!! :D I guess I should say it's about time, as you can't pass a street corner in the States without seeing a Starbucks! (At least here in Austin!) Even funnier the prices are lower there! I wonder if they'll accept Starbucks gift cards ... I always have some around .... they seem to be the perfect corporate gift ....

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great News!!!!!!!!

Lamenting this sad occasion...MCcD's, Dominos, Starbucks, KYFry are all the usual vanguards of the US invasion and occupation force. As I used to tell my mate in Australia: first we send in McD's to fatten you all up, next we invade and take over the beach front property.

Sweet!!! I'm partial to Caribou myself but I settle for Starbucks on occasion :14:

It'll be interesting to see if I actually will stop in next time I'm there... I have no issues with the "americanization" of Cozumel. Punta Langosta took care of that a looong time ago!

As you said, it's great for the locals, but just as I wouldn't eat at Pizza Hut or McDonalds on vacation, I'm not sure that I'll need my coffee fix. Hopefully I'll get the chance to test my willpower very shortly (and yes, talks are back on with the boss).

I remember when Cozumel was a place to go because it DIDN'T HAVE ALL THAT CR*P. That's the (just another) reason most of us still adventurous types pass Cozumel by now and head off to other less developed locales certainly without a Starbucks (or any other lower-middle-class-money-sucking-chain dreg operation).
edited by Mania

Whatever happened to making your own coffee? Whatever happened to supporting the independent, local business?
edited by Mania

I can't wait to see one at the Great Wall of China, or in Bhutan...yeesh...

Anyway, at least there are still plenty of places where they AREN'T filling up the streets with operations, and my personal opinion is that we should do our best to head in those directions and help those local economies.
edited by Mania

Christi - Aren't you the happy little Caffe Verona addict now :D
Soooo, I guess you'll have to think of a new habit that we can placate...

WOW, somebody needs decaf this morning.

I remember when Starbucks was a hole in the wall on a Seattle street.

Personally I'm glad to see an American owned Corporation doing so well in a free market society.....

Sheesh

Back
Top Bottom