Standard thread for crotch straps ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a really stiff crotchstrap on my old BPW, which tore my wetsuit.

So I swapped it with a softer seatbelt webbing, and a metal serrated triglide is the best thing.

You set the d ring in it. And loop it.
Not really what I asked, but thanks ^^

I use the piranha stuff, hopefully that will be fine

Not really what I asked, but thanks ^^

I use the piranha stuff, hopefully that will be fine

Why sewing? Why not do what he suggested with the serrated triglide and d-ring and looping? (I am just curious)

Why sewing? Why not do what he suggested with the serrated triglide and d-ring and looping? (I am just curious)

I’ve used crotch straps made with a serrated triglide and had it pull through on a few occasions when using my scooter

I was just wondering what the standard thread used in crotch straps to trap the D ring is?

Is it basic nylon, or something special?
I use bonded nylon t-90 in my Juki. Have used it to sew up lots of dive gear over the years.

Is that extra strong, or ?

Just gotta hope what my gobbler uses is strong enough, I suppose
Yeah, its very strong.

Size 92 / Tex 90 nylon thread is middleweight thread. Use it for sewing upholstery, leather, auto interiors, military gear, dog collars, banners, and blankets. Size 92 (Tex 90) nylon thread usually requires a commercial machine and a size 110/18 to 125/20 needle.

Yeah, its very strong.

Size 92 / Tex 90 nylon thread is middleweight thread. Use it for sewing upholstery, leather, auto interiors, military gear, dog collars, banners, and blankets. Size 92 (Tex 90) nylon thread usually requires a commercial machine and a size 110/18 to 125/20 needle.
I'll ask the gobbler once she used once it's done and come back/check it with you guys, should be in a few days!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom