Stainless Steel Bolt Snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Do you use larger ones on the backup lights and hid lighthead?
I use the 3/4" size (the smallest SS ones NDC sells) on everything. Manageable with 5mm neoprene gloves - I would not want smaller. But drysgloves are probably a different story. At $2.50ish each I'm not complaining! :)

EDIT: Here's the comparative sizes of the 3/4" bolt snaps on a backup light and 10W HID (ziptie has been replaced with line before anyone gets picky!)

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I use the 3/4" size (the smallest SS ones NDC sells) on everything. Manageable with 5mm neoprene gloves - I would not want smaller. But drysgloves are probably a different story. At $2.50ish each I'm not complaining! :)

EDIT: Here's the comparative sizes of the 3/4" bolt snaps on a backup light and 10W HID (ziptie has been replaced with line before anyone gets picky!)

I'll have to agree with Pug, the ones I use seem smaller than the ones in your pictures. The attachment point on mine is more "D" shaped also and too small to put my finger through.

Phil

I see...I've just never heard them called bolt-snaps before....I don't venture out of my cave very much.

Reef Scuba has all sizes and much much more. Excellent prices as well.

Dave D

http://www.reefscuba.com/

Just remember the one thing that's vital, irregardless of if it's stainless or brass: Be certain it has a stainless steel spring in it!
Norm

Back
Top Bottom