Stainless Steel Bolt Snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomx5 wrote...
After looking all over town for stainless steal bolt snaps, I finally found them at Lowe's.
I tried that once, but was dissatisfied with their quality. The bolt/spring system was loose and shaky, which led me to suspect that they might accidentally unfasten during a dive. That was especially true for the double-enders.

The best snaps I've found were in tech-oriented dive shops.

watch out!!! all stainless steel is not alike. there are many different mixes that can be called 'stainless steel' and some are not very good under heavy salt conditions( read ocean water).:boom: :boom: :bonk:

Were they in the" marine section" ? My first viset to lowes a few weeks ago produced the same result I ended up picking up a 4 inch double ender to test out so far it looks identical and feels the same as one I got from Halycon. Time will tell.

So UP, they holding up ok? good to know they are good stainless.

salty wrote...
Were they in the" marine section" ? My first viset to lowes a few weeks ago produced the same result I ended up picking up a 4 inch double ender to test out so far it looks identical and feels the same as one I got from Halycon. Time will tell.
I don't believe there was a "marine section" in that store, so you're on to something there.

CHEAP from a guy that does DOG COLLARS (yes, for real) off eBAY.

They've been fine, and have been soaked more than a couple of times in salt water with no sign of corrosion of the body or the spring.

For the price it was tough to beat 'em.

Reef systems has 'em too, but they want a LOT more.

I don't believe there was a "marine section" in that store, so you're on to something there.
The Lowes stores in my area all have "marine sections".

Back
Top Bottom