stainless steel backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STAs are fine for local diving but may not be best for all traveling, especially on weight sensitive flights. One of the main reasons I bought a Hammerhead plate was because it offered a lot of flexibility, letting me choose how I want to use it.

Axua:
Just curious, why do you want to drill cam band slots if your going to use an STA?
hmmm... never thought of it that way... sige, can you send me quote on one of these? got a trademark on it?

what weight did you get out of this one?

Jag

Halthron:
STAs are fine for local diving but may not be best for all traveling, especially on weight sensitive flights.. .

Good point...
A standard STA weighs less than a pound so that should not be an issue.

As for the heavy STA, few of us travel to cold water diving:05: , so hauling the heavy unit seems unlikely.

Halthron:
STAs are fine for local diving but may not be best for all traveling, especially on weight sensitive flights. One of the main reasons I bought a Hammerhead plate was because it offered a lot of flexibility, letting me choose how I want to use it.

sta in my eclipse is less than a lb

awesome! nice job jai!

i'll wait for the custom design...i'll have mine in metallic purple, of course! :D ...sana di mahal. hehehe

seal-of-approval.jpg

Sweet.

Axua:
Look what I made :) will be testing the material in the next few months for durability, then custom design some samples. Then maybe I can offer you guys some pimp'd out custom rigs hehehe..
Dang, nice piece of work. PM me on the cost of a custom rig, especially for cold water diving..

Cheers.

Enrique

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom