Wanted Stage/Pony DIN 1st Stage (mk17, DS4, X-5, or similar)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for a moderately priced DIN regulator set to use on a pony bottle. Something small, simple and reliable. Preferably Apeks, Scubapro, etc...

I've been using one of these for a while now on my bailout bottle, pretty sweet and a good price.
Bought mine on eBay, here's a link but check pricing elsewhere as well

No left right orientation issues either.

XS Scuba Pony Regulator System

My favorite first stage for ponies and stage bottles is the SEAC X-5. Every now and then they get OEMed and you can buy them at a stellar deal. I think I paid $70 for the last three.

717Q91PNyjL._SL1500_.jpg

I like the idea of the xs scuba kit and that it has everything I need, but I do worry about getting it serviced locally.

That Seac also looks really nice. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for one.

I also really like the apeks DS4 regs I see come up for sale once in a while.

The 1st stage is pretty standard, the second is their normal octo so no service issues and the spg is idjit proof.

My LDS took one look at it and said no worries service will be easy and cheap.

YMMV obviously

The 1st stage is pretty standard, the second is their normal octo so no service issues and the spg is idjit proof.

My LDS took one look at it and said no worries service will be easy and cheap.

YMMV obviously
Oh good. Okay, I wasn't sure if xs scuba's regs required a hard to find service kit or not.

I have no experience with this reg but if I was in the market for another I would buy this one. You can get the service kits there too..

Balance Piston Din First Stage

I have bought other gear from Randy and have always been very pleased with the purchases and his customer service.

My oxygen deco reg looks like that a bit.Since I only have a simple button SPG and a single reg hose, it's OK. However, they begin to lool like a flower if you ad more hoses to them. That Seac allows two hoses to snake close to the bottle with no flaring. One reg and one inflator. I can opt for a button SPG on top or a hose & SPG on the bottom.

I do like that style of first stage for backmount but for a pony I am less picky.

To the op, FWIW I have a new, never wet. Scubapro R195 deco regulator I have no use for if you are interested.

I do like that style of first stage for backmount but for a pony I am less picky.

To the op, FWIW I have a new, never wet. Scubapro R195 deco regulator I have no use for if you are interested.
I would definitely be interested. Sending a PM your way now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom