Stage/Deco on Left Side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tek Adventure Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering what are the benefits of putting a deco/stage botttle on your left side. I have a al.14 argon on my left side, so i was wondering if this was a problem, or would it work.

Most diver rig deco/stage bottles on the left so it is easy to deploy the long hose in an emergency and it will not interfere with your small argon bottle. I also found that wearing bottles on both sides greatly limits flexibility. That why you see more and more diver rigging their bottles on the left side only.

Cheers

Al

Tek Adventure Diver:
I was wondering what are the benefits of putting a deco/stage botttle on your left side. I have a al.14 argon on my left side, so i was wondering if this was a problem, or would it work.

In technical diving situations you will probably use the long hose on your regulator. This hose is routed from the regulator down your right side to a position on your right waist where it usually passesaround the bottom of you canister light battery. From here it makes its way across your abdomen and chest to your left shoulder where it then passes behind your neck and into the second stage in your mouth.

This hose routing means that a cylinder slung from your right hand side will be in the way of your long hose. It is not impossible to use the long hose routed on your right and also a cylinder on your right, but is is easier to eliminate the problem by rigging stage or deco cylinders from your other side, namely, your left side.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom