Stage bottles transmitter plus SPG setup...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I found this on DGX.

20210802_144313.jpg

My goal would have everything on my computer so I can see it at a glance. But I was right in thinking that I wouldn't be able to do it on the Teric just yet, at least not without removing information from my home screen.

I'm not sure how this will work, I will do some test dives with it soon. Probably just some swims into the gallery so it has some roughish handling. But nothing that I can't easily get out of with backgas. Of course that requires Ginnie to reopen.

I fail to understand the desire. If you’re hellbent on transmitters on your stages, screw one directly into the first stage and be done with it. Two additional hoses, four extra o-rings, two of which dynamic, a few ounces of negative buoyancy, and an extra $100ish in parts for the upside of?

I fail to understand the desire. If you’re hellbent on transmitters on your stages, screw one directly into the first stage and be done with it. Two additional hoses, four extra o-rings, two of which dynamic, a few ounces of negative buoyancy, and an extra $100ish in parts for the upside of?

Several of your made the very good case for having the SPG in case you hand the bottle off.

It makes no sense.

The SPG is bent back upward so you CAN see it at a glance. And even at that, its not something you really need to be constantly monitoring. 1st level of "how much gas is left" is determined by depth and time. It shouldn't be a surprise when you look at your SPG.

Complication, o-rings, snag points, hoses, cost, etc...for what?

So I found this on DGX.

View attachment 674214

My goal would have everything on my computer so I can see it at a glance. But I was right in thinking that I wouldn't be able to do it on the Teric just yet, at least not without removing information from my home screen.

I'm not sure how this will work, I will do some test dives with it soon. Probably just some swims into the gallery so it has some roughish handling. But nothing that I can't easily get out of with backgas. Of course that requires Ginnie to reopen.
All of this extra junk just to track your SAC rate with a shearwater and have the psi on your wrist? The gauge is right there, pull the valve forward and look at it. You should have a darn good idea what the pressure is or should be just based on depth and time anyway.

You need to simplify buddy. If you don't actually need it, leave it at home.

All of this extra junk just to track your SAC rate with a shearwater and have the psi on your wrist? The gauge is right there, pull the valve forward and look at it. You should have a darn good idea what the pressure is or should be just based on depth and time anyway.

You need to simplify buddy. If you don't actually need it, leave it at home.

I agree. My bailout bottles are very, very simple. I don't even have a webbing strap on them anymore. For rigging, I have a bolt snap on a loop of bungee that goes on the neck and a bolt snap on a bungee that goes under a hose clamp for the rear attachment point.

On the reg, I have a second stage, a whip with a LPI connector, and a SPG on a 6" hose.

Simple and clean.

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom