St. Thomas or St. Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EevelMonkee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm considering a few days in St. Thomas or St. Croix in early January. For dive ops, I've seen a lot of good things about Admiralty in St. Thomas and S.C.U.B.A. in St. Croix. Any personal preferences between the two locations or recommendations on accommodation in either place?

Thanks,
Gabe

Admiralty in St. Thomas runs a good shop...... You have a lot of options there and if you want and have your passport you can run over to BVI for the day and dive some of their spots.......

I am not sure where to stay as I always stay at a friends house when I am there from PR.....

We were scheduled to go there today but some people dropped out yesterday..... DO not get me going on that..... I hate people committing and just dropping and ruining a trip for everyone .....

We were scheduled to go there today but some people dropped out yesterday..... DO not get me going on that..... I hate people committing and just dropping and ruining a trip for everyone .....

Glad I could help you vent some frustration!:chairfight: I recently canceled a trip for the same reason. Thanks for the second on Admiralty.

I will also recommend Admiralty. Very knowledgeable and has plenty of dive sites. More than you can go to on a vacation.

Glad I could help you vent some frustration!:chairfight: I recently canceled a trip for the same reason. Thanks for the second on Admiralty.

Thanks......I have been Pis***d all day.

I had to just go and dive the bay and practice some skills to drop my blood pressure......
Been waiting all week to get on the boat and forget the office and have a good boat ride.... The weather and sea-state was perfect today....... Guess I will have to drive down south in the morning and dive the wall.......

Gabe,

I can second what has already been said about Admiralty in St. Thomas. Duane and Laura run a top notch operation there.

As for SCUBA on St. Croix, that's us! St. Croix has totally different diving that St. Thomas as we were formed tectonically while St. Thomas, St. John, and the British Virgin Islands were all formed volcanically which gives them the flat continental shelf type of diving. They also have some great shipwrecks. Our claim to fame is the Wall, which drops 13,200' and is topped by the largest living reef of any Caribbean island. We also have a nice set of shipwrecks (five of them within 100 yards of each other) and a Pier dive that is one of the top macro dives in the world.

Whichever island you choose you'll have a great time diving. If the choice is St. Croix just let me know how we can help with your plans.

Ed Buckley
St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures
World class scuba diving under the US flag on St Croix Virgin Islands where you can dive the largest living reef of any Caribbean island info on snorkeling hotels beaches watersports car rentals accommodations and scuba diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom