St. Thomas Diving Operator Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also been in contact with an operator calle Aqua Action that I think might be out towards Red Hook - can anyone verify they are out that way? Also, has anyone used them? They said they would pick us up at no cost. I am leaving towards them or Blue Island Divers. I kind of like Aqua Action if they are out towards Red Hook because they will probably not have the cruise ship crowds that the other operators will have.
They are - Secret Harbor is south of Red Hook.
Aqua Action is out on the East End at Secret Harbor Resort

Here it is on a map, you'll either dock at Crown Bay or (more likely) Havensight (the bigger WICO pier) in Charlotte Amalie. I've circled Secret Harbor below Red Hook on the East End.

redhook.jpg

Last edited:
Aqua Action is pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that you have to wade/swim (if you're short) out to the boat. I know, we're getting wet to go scuba diving, but I don't like dragging my gear through the water...just uncomfortable. That's why I switched to Red Hook. The only company with their own dock and your gear can get carted down and all you do is step on the boat. Either way, Aqua Action is also good.

Which ship are you cruising on? In March, there could be 4-5 ships in at one time so traffic to the east end of the island could be a nightmare. You'll spend most your "island" time in a taxi or other means of transporation. Admiralty and Blue Island are the nearest to both cruise ship docks and both will pick you up.

We are on Adventure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) and will be there Monday, March 18, 2013. Thanks for the heads up, I will now need to think about the travel time.

cruzbound

I dove with Red Hook last year and they were great!!! Professional, courteous, friendly and SAFE!!! I was in St.Thomas on 10/30/12 with the cruise ship and we didn't dock early enough to make it to Red Hook so I went with the ship's choice, Underwater Safari's.Ther was only seven from the ship and Jaret was our guide. Great dives, 1reef 1 wreck(2 barges). would have opted for Red Hook but I was well pleased with the Underwater Safari's. They are close to the ship, walking distance, and I would definitley use them again, esp. from the cruise ship. Hope you have a great dive. The water temp. a couple of weeks ago was 83!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom