St Thomas 02/16-02/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey folks,

I scored a little time off work and i'm heading down to St Thomas for a wedding from 02/16-02/20. From Thursday, Friday, Saturday i'm staying at "Bunker Hill Hotel" which to my knowledge is in Charlotte Amalie and Sunday and Monday i'll be staying with friends at "Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort" which appears to be on the otherside of island.

Quick Questions: How long approximately would it take to get to Charlotte Amalie area to the Wyndham Sugar Bar Resort and approximately how much would it cost?

Diving: I'm most likely going to be diving with Chris Sawer Diving. (At least for part of the time). How long would it take to get to their main shop from Bunker Hill Hotel? I know the Wyndham appears to be very close or has it's own shop. Seems like he runs a decent dive op from the opinion of this board

Things to see: What are some reefs/wrecks I should definitely see? I've dove Cozumel/Cancun area, Hawaii, Florida Keys, and I do some local diving in New England so I guess i'm intermediate.

Thanks in advance,
-Mike

I work at Chris Sawyer Diving Center and we have a small location at the Wyndham Sugar Bay. All dives leave from our Red Hook Shop and is about 20 minutes from Bunker Hill and about 5 minutes from the Wyndham. Drop an email to sawyerdive@islands.vi for more information or call 877-929-3483

If you are going to be here for a week especially with friends you should consider renting a car for your stay. Cheaper in the long run.

Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Are there public buses that go from Charlotte Amalie to the Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort area or would I be better off taking a taxi?

Although I have seen busses around the downtown area, I have never tried to figure out where the go or how to use them. I have never seen any busses going between downtown and the east end. (Downtown is the Charlotte Amalie area while east end is where Wyndham Sugar Bay is located.) Of course, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The easiest would be a taxi while the cheapest would be to hop on a safari truck. Be sure you provide plenty of time. Depending upon time and traffic, it can take anywhere from thirty minutes to nearly an hour to get from downtown to the east end. If you are diving with Chris Sawyer (an excellent dive operation!), the boats leave out of the American Yacht Harbor, which is located in Red Hook on the east end, not from the Wyndham itself, which is another mile or so down the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom