St. Simons Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone ever been to St. Simons Island off of the Ga. coast.
I think i am going to be there this weekend and was wanting to dive. I called the only dive shop on the island and they are not running trips yet so i was looking for somewhere to get on on the shore. any recommendations?

Moved for the GA folks to see :wink:

av8er23:
Is that a joke?
Not sure what you mean?

I moved the thread from general destination to the deep dixie divers area as they happen to live around that area and know more about it than most other folks - showing the thread to your target audience.

As for St Simon's Island, i have only driven past there when i was at Tybee Island. I wasnt a diver back then, i was kayaking the area around Tybee, really nice salt marshes, but a wicked current over the tidal flats.

Sorry you cant find a trip out of St Simon's, have you looked at Jax or else there seems to be some action out of SC as well that might be running at this time of year.

Andrea,
Some of us Lake Lanier Looney Birds are going down to Gray's Reef on the 14th of May.
Any way of meeting up with you guys the Friday night before for a little meet&greet?

We're diving with TLC.
I haven't decided yet. It really doesn't matter to me.
I may stay at a motel/hotel, drive my motor coach, or relive my old wander lust days and just bring my backpacking tent and Coleman stove.
Some of us will be leaving Atlanta early Friday to make the trip more commodious.
I LOVE Savannah. Just give me a time and a place . . .

the K

TLC...Terry and Judy, that's who we dive with, they are terrific. We're diving with them on the 30th of this month.

We'll come up with a place and get some of the regulars to meet up on Friday. We live in Richmond Hill which is on the outskirts of Savannah...I was asking so we could meet up at a location close to where you all are staying.

Back
Top Bottom