St. Moritz Dive watch review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Artimas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just received my St. Moritz dive watch from Divesports.com. It is a nice looking watch that seems to be a great value for the money. It is not as bulky as a Seiko, but is still robust and very easy to read. It has a rotating bezel that is easy to grasp, and should be very usable even with gloves on. The crown screws down firmly, but is still easy to unscrew and adjust. I got the lime colored face which is luminous and easy to see in the dark.

I got very good service with a great price and fast shipping from Divesports.com.

I'm very happy with the watch and can recommend it as an inexpensive analog dive watch.

You didn't mention the model, but from the description I'll assume it is an M1. Be careful if you purchased it with the velcro strap - it will not hold up over time and quickly looses its ability to hold after a number of dives. The rubber strap is a much better option.

The velcro on mine started to fail after about a year of diving, and it actually fell off while skin diving. Luckily I was aware of it and was able to retrieve it.

When I called St. Moritz in Vancouver, they told me that the velcro strap was not the best if it was to be used when diving. They sent me a rubber strap at a discount and no shipping charges - very good customer service.

You should be happy with it.

Don't forget that you have to send it back to St. Moritz for battery replacement etc. The good thing is the cost is minimal and it continues to extend the warranty.

The 2 year servicing plan is great. I bought the Aquamatic since I wanted an automatic watch. The cost to send away and the servicing is cheaper than the local watch service person, and it's more or less factory guaranteed. Make sure to tighten the crown before going into the water to make sure it's tight.

Thanks for the heads up on the servicing!

Our family like the watches so much that we own 5 different models. Getting ready to send two back to the company for the first two year check-up. Do yo need to download any type of RA# or worksheet? We have been very happy wit the performance, however have also discovered that the Velcro burns out rather quickly. No worries with the rubber bands.

A friend of mine has one. I'm not sure what model it is but he's really happy with it.
The Zulu watch band by Maratec is the best you can buy for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom