St Lucia VS Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

missnaomibird

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry. i am sure this is vey philistine. but I am choosing between going to St Lucia and Grand Cayman and am trying to decide which is better for diving. Have a good package deal St Lucia and could get good value flights to go to Grand Cayman as well. So wondering which. Would be going in 10 days! Would love to see some bigger stuff but know this is pretty unlikely in either destination

Many thanks for any ideas or suggestions......

Naomi

G. Cayman is more of a U shaped, flat island, with good wall diving. It is quite well developed and also expensive -- probably the most expensive in the Caribbean. Many dive ops to choose from.

St. Lucia is mountainous, with the landmark pitons that are very beautiful. It has a lot of rugged look. It is not as well developed and fewer dive ops to choose from.

Both have good coral growth, health fish population, but not big stuff. It may depend on what else you might like to do top side. G Cayman have lots of resorts, restaurants, and entertainment options. St. Lucia has good scenery, good hiking and nature discovery options. Fewer restaurant options.

I really liked the drift dive at the Superman's Flight site in St. Lucia, which also had great topside view by the pitons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom