Question St. Lucia Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to St. Lucia in January and staying in Soufriere, which is where all the prime dive spots are. I'm looking for a dive shop on that side of the island. If you have any experience with the dive ops here, I'd love a recommendation. Thanks!

It would depend where you are staying on the island. Getting from one end to the other takes some time due to the mountainous terrain. We stayed in Soufriere, and used Action Adventure Divers for the one day of diving while we were there. Superman's flight is in my top ten dives. It was number one until I went to Bonaire.

It would depend where you are staying on the island. Getting from one end to the other takes some time due to the mountainous terrain. We stayed in Soufriere, and used Action Adventure Divers for the one day of diving while we were there. Superman's flight is in my top ten dives. It was number one until I went to Bonaire.
I was planning on staying in Soufriere. Action Adventure Divers doesn't have much of a website and no pictures of their boat. Can you tell me about your experience with them?
What kind of boat do they have?
Is there a dock or is it an ocean entry to get on the boat?
How was the dive guiding? Were you happy with them?

Scuba St Lucia is top notch. They are right around the corner from Soufriere.
I chose Scuba St. Lucia, but they refused my diving booking since I wasn't staying at the Anse Chastenat or Jade Mountain.

I chose Scuba St. Lucia, but they refused my diving booking since I wasn't staying at the Anse Chastenat or Jade Mountain.
That is a bummer. They are really good and safe operation. Have you tried to ask them who they would recommend? Most of the guys up there know most of the people in Soufriere and certainly will know all the dive shops. I would trust their recommendation if they will be willing to give you one.

That is a bummer. They are really good and safe operation. Have you tried to ask them who they would recommend? Most of the guys up there know most of the people in Soufriere and certainly will know all the dive shops. I would trust their recommendation if they will be willing to give you one.
I think Scuba St. Lucia and Action Adventure are the only two ops in Soufriere. The others are all located in the north, about a 40-minute drive each way to the Soufriere sites.

I was planning on staying in Soufriere. Action Adventure Divers doesn't have much of a website and no pictures of their boat. Can you tell me about your experience with them?
What kind of boat do they have?
Is there a dock or is it an ocean entry to get on the boat?
How was the dive guiding? Were you happy with them?

There boat is like a Cozumel panga, with no cover - maybe a little smaller. Chester is a great guy and a good DM. I would note that we had a bit of a rip current on our first dive that was pulling my dive buddy and me down and out. I kept adding air to my BC, but kept going down and out. Once I finned out of it, I had to quickly dump air. I didn't ask if that current was the norm. The SI is on the shore. Getting back in the boat was not like Coz. If I remember, they didn't have a ladder, and I came up and over the side like a seal.

Unless they changed their policy we had divers we us that were not staying at the resort. Attached is from their website.

Attachments

• Scuba St. Lucia.JPG
    Scuba St. Lucia.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 61
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom