St Louis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaculture

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have recently moved to St Louis from South Africa. Can anyone recommend a LDS? Any local clubs around?

I am a NAUI Instructor and I see that there are no NAUI facilities listed here, but thats not an issue for me.

Cheers
Wade

Ditto Smedley's recommendation. TGADC also has a few other locations and has been extremely helpful with service and advice.

My personal fav is y-kiki (www.y-kiki.com) the people there are the nicest to talk to and very helpful. TGADC and Midwest Scuba (both in St. Charles) are nice places, the only problem that I have had with TGADC is that the employee's were rude the few times I have been in there. Nice shops though. TGADC also has a pool that you can rent time in.

Phil

I think the three best are TGADC, Midwest, and Y-Kiki. I like the fact that TGADC and Midwest are right next to each other, so I can check them both out in one trip.

TGADC- Apeks, Diving Concepts, Aqualung, Suunto

Midwest- Scubapro, Henderson, Mares, DUI

Y-Kiki Scubapro, Henderson, DUI, Aqualung (at least at one point in time)

I've dealt with instructors at Midwest and have been impressed by them in the past.

If you are looking for a "dive club", Hammerheads does have group there. Go to one of the meetings, and you will meet some of the nicest people around! I love Florida and diving in the Keys----but I sure do miss the midwest hospitiality!

Pat

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Y-Kikki is very near to where I stay, but then again so are the others. I will go check them all out this weekend

Thanks again!

That's probably best. If you go to Midwest, ask if Big Chris is there. Val and Ken own Y-Kiki, and Mark and Steve are the owners of TGADC (Diane and Sandy are also great at TGADC)
Tom

I did my classroom and pool training through Y-kiki. I originally chose them because they are close to my house. I am glad I did because they have a great reputation in St. Louis and their service is always professional and friendly. I am, not a member of The Hammerheads. I think you can get more info on that group as well through Y-kiki.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom