St. Louis area, Gateway Scuba has been bought out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aigtbootbp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Gateway Scuba has been bought out by Y-Kiki divers. looks like it just went through today.
I will reserve personal comment but I will say I am disappointed.

Hey Gary! Sorry to see you are disappointed by Y-Kiki Divers. We hope to earn your business and hope someday you will be a proud member of our family. Feel free to contact me if you ever want to discuss any issues you may have with us. Y-Kiki Divers is a dive shop run by divers who love diving and strive for the best in customer service. Take care, Ken Elliott - Y-Kiki Divers

I am not disappointed with Y-kiki at all, I have done a bit of business with y'all and have been favorably impressed. What I don't like is that Gateway had to shut down and especially the reasons why. I really liked the folk that worked there and now it seems many are out of the diving business for good.
It was a fun place to visit that fell apart in a nasty internal scandal.
But I have absolutely nothing against Y-kiki. I even plan on getting my nitrox cert there this winter.

I am not disappointed with Y-kiki at all, I have done a bit of business with y'all and have been favorably impressed. What I don't like is that Gateway had to shut down and especially the reasons why. I really liked the folk that worked there and now it seems many are out of the diving business for good.
It was a fun place to visit that fell apart in a nasty internal scandal.
But I have absolutely nothing against Y-kiki. I even plan on getting my nitrox cert there this winter.

Congrats to Y-kiki for their acquisition!

Curious, what type of internet scandal shuts down a business?

Back
Top Bottom