St. Louis area - anyone diving within the next few weeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I haven't been to the Dive Stop. I really haven't been much of anywhere because I don't know anyone that dives.

Now that's just wrong. You need to get out more and make some more friends. There are hundreds of divers here in the STL area!

theskull

My shop -- Y-Kiki Divers -- is having a fun-dive trip to Haigh Quarry this weekend, July 26-27, in Kankakee IL.

We will have about a dozen folks participating, so there will be plenty of buddies to go around, and the water temp is conducive to wet suit diving. Come on along.

I'll be diving the next several weekends as well, but in colder places. :)

theskull

I need to make it up to Haigh sometime... I have never dove there, but have heard nothing but good things.

Phil

I need to make it up to Haigh sometime... I have never dove there, but have heard nothing but good things.

Phil

Yes. It is a very nice facility, with nearly as many amenities as Mermet.

Typically, though, the viz is better and it is warmer.

Current conditions are 25 ft. visibility, with 72 F temp in the shallow water and 60 F temp in the deep water.

It is a little longer drive, though, at about 4 hours. Cheap rooms at the Motel 6, and plenty of good restaurants nearby.

theskull

Haigh and Mermet are both awesome dives - we expect updates on Scuba Steves' Midwest Diving Reports

The Dive Stop is close and a lot of local divers hang out there. I suggest heading out there and talking to people and you will have somebody to dive with. There are groups always going down to Mermet and take The Skull up on his invitation on Haigh. It's a great dive and The Skull is a very good person. Not knowing anybody is easy to fix. The midwest and especially the St. Louis area has a lot of great people in the dive community. All of which will dive with you with a little notice. Most without notice, just show up. I live 3 hours away from St. Louis and don't have problems finding dive buddies in the St. Louis area.

Snagel

I'll be at Haigh on Aug 9th if anyone is interested.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom