Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll definitely write a report after returning from St. Croix! RadHal, the Frederiksted Pier is on our list of sites to dive. I like your suggestion of using a guide for the first visit to get the "lay of the land." It sounds like a fascinating place to dive!

I'll definitely write a report after returning from St. Croix! RadHal, the Frederiksted Pier is on our list of sites to dive. I like your suggestion of using a guide for the first visit to get the "lay of the land." It sounds like a fascinating place to dive!

The nice thing about diving the pier is that you can follow the pilings. Always keeping them in site, whether under the pier or just outside the pier is comforting. Usually jump in on the north side or pier and climb out on the south side at the small wooden dock. About 20-30 yards south of the wooden dock was loaded with starfish (kind of like starfish beach in Grand Cayman) in Dec. 2012. Don't know if they would still be there of have migrated.

N2theBlue rents tanks or will provide a guide and have always let us use a cart to take the tanks to the pier and lock up until we were done so we could cart our gear back. Excited for you to dive the pier. Will be interested in a report about dive and using dive flags for pier dives, which is now required.

Wonderful video! I am partial to turtles(especially green turtles), love the first part of the video with him cleaning his shell.

Back
Top Bottom