St. Croix dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to go to St. Croix in October. I haven't chosen a place to stay, yet. I did notice that a couple of dive ops include rental gear in their price. I only need tanks and weights. I prefer mainly boat dives, but want to do a couple of dives (at least) at the pier. What shop is the best price for people that have their own gear, and would you recommend them? I realize price shouldn't be the main factor in the decision process, but I don't like having to pay for gear I'm not using. Thanks.

We dove with nep2une and loved it. They don’t charge you for rental gear you don’t need like some other shops. If you dive multi days with them tanks and weights for the pier are free on boat diving days

I'm looking to go to St. Croix in October. I haven't chosen a place to stay, yet. I did notice that a couple of dive ops include rental gear in their price. I only need tanks and weights. I prefer mainly boat dives, but want to do a couple of dives (at least) at the pier. What shop is the best price for people that have their own gear, and would you recommend them? I realize price shouldn't be the main factor in the decision process, but I don't like having to pay for gear I'm not using. Thanks.

For pier dives we used Nep2une for weights and tanks. They were great, letting us use a small cart to get our gear on to the pier and keeping our rental car keys in the shop while we dove. Sweet Bottom Dive Shop was our go to shop while diving in Cane Bay and offered equally great service. I want to say that tank and weight rental was about $15 a day for both. Enjoy your trip and give us a report when you get back. Be safe

For Hotels, we stayed at The Inn on Strand Street for best budget hotel, not a resort, no pool, and no sandy beach, (just rocky shore) across the street. But it is down the street from the famous pier, and that was our goal.

For Hotels, we stayed at The Inn on Strand Street for best budget hotel, not a resort, no pool, and no sandy beach, (just rocky shore) across the street. But it is down the street from the famous pier, and that was our goal.

Thanks. I'm really looking at an airbnb house.

Tickets are booked for five nights in October. Rented a Jeep through Centerline. Now, to figure out where to stay (VRBO, Airbnb), and what to do when not diving.

Tickets are booked for five nights in October. Rented a Jeep through Centerline. Now, to figure out where to stay (VRBO, Airbnb), and what to do when not diving.
Stayed in Christiansted at a Vrbo in early March for like 6 days.
Dove AM and PM everyday with St. Croix ultimate blue water adventure (SCUBA) and got a free night dive on the first night.

Now, to figure out where to stay (VRBO, Airbnb), and what to do when not diving.
We went in March of 2021 with a mixed group of divers and non-divers. We stayed at in a 3 BR condo at Gentle Winds (on the north side, not too far from C'sted, not too far from Cane Bay, not much near by) which was a bit dated but worked out fine. We did shore dives with Sweet Bottom Dive Center, boat dives with Dive Experience in C'sted, and for the F'sted pier we got the 10-tank card from Adventures in Diving STX -- that included weights, and the people were very nice, gave us recommendations, and stored some things in the shop for us while we dove on our own.

If I go back, I might be inclined to spend more time at the Pier -- which has the best coral & sponge growth (and related macro) of any manmade structure I've seen, and also has lots of activity with other critters (turtles, squids, etc.). Also, our shore dives in Cane Bay and Northstar were actually much better dives than the boat dives we did (Northstar was a bit of a difficult entry for me, but for more experienced shore divers it might be easy -- I will definitely take thicker booties if I go again).

Back
Top Bottom