SSI's Certification numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSI cards (except Advanced Open Water and Master Diver) have a six digit number in the online diver verification section. According to the SSI website that six digit number is my diver ID. I assume the 20 digit plus ID number identifies the course I took and not me.

Thanks CryHavoc. Before my LDS that I got certified at went out of business they always said that the long ID number was what I should use but it makes more sense to use the online verification number.

The "ID:" number on the SSI diver certification card doesn't seem to be the primary number they use.

The primary number SSI uses - if you call in - is the "Diver Number" located at the bottom of the diver certification card under the text,
"Online Diver Verification:
divessi.com/dv/#######"

They also use this as the main number to track their dive professionals - and not the "Dive Pro" number!

I'm not sure how they derive the entire "ID:" number, but I do know that the first six digits - before the letter - are the dive store number that the certification is affiliated with.

I am not quite sure what the remaining 13 "ID:" digits following the first letter represent.

cheers

The "ID:" number on the SSI diver certification card doesn't seem to be the primary number they use.

The primary number SSI uses - if you call in - is the "Diver Number" located at the bottom of the diver certification card under the text,
"Online Diver Verification:
divessi.com/dv/#######"

They also use this as the main number to track their dive professionals - and not the "Dive Pro" number!

I'm not sure how they derive the entire "ID:" number, but I do know that the first six digits - before the letter - are the dive store number that the certification is affiliated with.

I am not quite sure what the remaining 13 "ID:" digits following the first letter represent.

cheers
My divessi.com/dv/#######" IS my pro number.... I must say, I never had a non-pro SSI card, so maybe it's different.

Anyway, if you log in into the SSI website, you can see all the number there... I never ever have used my ID, always my dive pro. If I need to contact SSI for signing of divers, they know me with my pro.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom