SSI Tech Class @ Tom's Dive and Swim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

If you are interested in technical diving, I am now teaching all the way up through trimix and advanced deco for SSI. For those interested in more challenges or wanting to hone your skills for making more complex dives, make sure and contact me. I can now teach the following courses for SSI.

Advanced Nitrox
Technical Foundations
Deco Procedures
Trimix
Advanced Deco Procedures

Each class is a progression and if you want to start off slow, I suggest the technical foundations course. It is a great starter class to introduce you to the the basics before moving on to the more advanced classes.

thanks

Layne Hedrick
layne@liquidtravel.org
Liquidtravel.org

Where are the classes being taught?

Never realized their pool was that deep :wink:

O.K. Serious question:
Looking at the links you gave they only mention 50% for deco. If someone takes SSI Trimix do they not get a card good for 100% O2?

Yeah, the lake is going to present a problem so I will try and get it filled as soon as possible. The gulf (rigs) are always an option for the Trimix and Advanced Deco courses. For advanced nitrox and technical foundations, the lake is still fine. Even at 125 ft. There are only 2 real deco dives needed for those classes and the rest is simulation. Standards say we have to go below 80 feet but obviously I would want to go as deep as the lake will allow. For Deco/ Trimix/ and Advanced Deco, the gulf might be the only option for now...Something to think about...

Ian to your question, using 50/50 or 100 % is up to the instructor, but SSI will only allow a card to be given if the course is completed so to get a card that allows for the use of 100%, you would need to go all the way through Advanced Deco. My preference is to have students take Advanced Nitrox and Technical Foundations together and then Deco/ Trimix and Advanced Deco all together.

Layne

The SSI TMx course is cutting edge in that it is a recreational course by the looks of it, unless I am mistaken and I often am. Bringing TMx to the rec market is rather forward thinking-a bit like IANTD's Rec TMx course- that said, rec TMx can make sense but personally I think that it is a bloody expensive way to dive to 140'. Of course full technical TMx is very much a bloody expensive way to dive period, but then that is to 200'- 300' in training though.

And, as you point out Layne, access to gas beyond 50% requires the extra course.

I was mistaken, wasn't I? Well its certainly not the first time I have been wrong- nor will it be the last.
As the saying goes- often in error, never in doubt.

Layne, let's get together next week to chat, will email you.

P

no problem. Anytime you want to get together just let me know. Weekends are best but during the week after hours can be arranged as well. Just let me know.

thanks

Layne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom