SSI shop in/near Wilmington?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdh:
From the SSI website:
"SSI is the only agency that requires instructors to affiliate with a full-service Authorized Dealer. "

I can understand the SSI thing from a shop owners perspective, it locks your instructors to your shop. I don't understand why any instructor or student would want to limit themselves so much though.

doing that's apparently not a big problem.
we've taken nitrox, stress/rescue, etc. from an independent SSI instructor who lives near us but affiliates with some dive shot in another city we've never visited.
the instructor provides the materials to us, we study, then we get together somewhere to do the "class" portion and test, and then we arrange to meet at a dive location sometime in the future to do the checkout dives.

heh.. honestly, it's turned out to be MUCH more convenient (and personalized) than driving to a shop.

I was just curious if there was an SSI shop there in Wilmington. But if not - no biggie. We'd just wind up taking up an offer like Jim Conners - to find an SSI instructor but dive with whichever charter's nearby.

Back
Top Bottom