SSI Online Academic Program?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clint@uniquescuba.com

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello SSI people, I am very interested to learn more about the new Online Academic Program that SSI has been advertising.

I read their press release and clicked on the link they posted to learn more, but I can't find any info on the web site at all.

Has anybody had experience with the new online academic program yet?

Where can I learn more?

Thanks

No experience with it yet. SSI's last "Dive Business International" issue has an article about it. I mention this in case you've not seen it. It's certainly an interesting topic.

-Bryan

Hi Clint

were did you find out about this info i'v been looking for SSI to do this for years now!

They supposedly released some info at DEMA an in their professional publication but nobody I know has seen anything real. The clickable link in my original post at the top will take you to a press release to divenewswire

I'm just wondering myself if this is something thats gonna happen or just more pounding of the drum

During the presentation at DEMA the online classes were explained and a demo was given. It's a very well put together program. Doug McNeese gave the briefing and explained that they are in a testing phase with a few retailer and making any adjustments/improvements before they release it to the public. Retailers will have to sign up (when they publish the link) to be included in the database where students can associate with a store for the second part of the classroom portion.

mentioned that this was being released soon when I was in 'is shop last week.

My understanding at DMEA was that it should be ready this spring..... now where is Watson to confirm all of this

I was able to log-in this evening and ran thru the 1st 2 chapters. Seems pretty good so far. Has video and hits all the high points. Seems to contain most if not all of the content of the book. I'll have to finish it up the next few days, just to fully view it and what I can expect students who take it to have covered before they come into class. I can't evaluate it against PADI's course since PADI requires you to pay first (even their instructors as far as I can tell). SSI allows anyone to take theirs for free. The student then takes their results into any SSI store and does the pool and open water skills & dives.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom