SSI light penetration training.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks!

Also, would it be possible to get certified for this without using twin or side mount or scr/ccr? I am no where close to having the ability to do those other courses yet.

Advanced Wreck is considered a technical course, so would require doubles/sidemount. Cavern can be done single tank. So can the recreational wreck class.

EDIT: Advanced Wreck is full penetration. So just like cave, you need redundancy.

I know you’re a wreck freak, but you need to slow down and just concentrate on the outside of wrecks for now, with maybe some small swim throughs. You need to get dives under your belt. Instructors for Advanced Wreck may very well require you to have a deco procedures cert as you need to be able to stay deeper. So you’re going to have to go doubles/sidemount, get deco certified, and then do Advanced Wreck.

I’ve seen divers who get all gung ho about penetration and doing deeper do stupid stuff. They got lucky. Take it slow and don’t do stupid stuff.

Advanced Wreck is considered a technical course, so would require doubles/sidemount. Cavern can be done single tank. So can the recreational wreck class.

EDIT: Advanced Wreck is full penetration. So just like cave, you need redundancy.

I know you’re a wreck freak, but you need to slow down and just concentrate on the outside of wrecks for now, with maybe some small swim throughs. You need to get dives under your belt. Instructors for Advanced Wreck may very well require you to have a deco procedures cert as you need to be able to stay deeper. So you’re going to have to go doubles/sidemount, get deco certified, and then do Advanced Wreck.

I’ve seen divers who get all gung ho about penetration and doing deeper do stupid stuff. They got lucky. Take it slow and don’t do stupid stuff.

Thanks! I would absolutely love small, 5 minute swim throughs after getting certified for it and understanding the procedures. Will probably wait 5 years or so before I do this.

Back
Top Bottom