Ssi advanced open water vs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My SSI AOW card had spots for the instructor to write the specific classes taken. Not sure if that is still the case. A boat could insist on deep being among them.
I just got my SSI AOW this year (and Master Diver a month later). They still do that. I don't have a physical card, but on the "back side" of the digital card is a light blue box with the 4 or 5 classes that qualified me for the recognition. I would imagine that anyone who requires a PADI AOW or equivalent to do a certain dive would be looking specifically for the deep and maybe for UW nav, which are the two required specialties. If you show an SSI AOW recognition card, first they might laugh at you, then they might want to see how you earned it or see your deep/nav cards if those two aren't written on your AOW card. My card has Perfect Buoyancy, Deep, Wreck, and EANx because those were the first four SSI classes I took.

Back
Top Bottom