SS Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO the home made ones are better because there are no plastic connections.

I got tired of adjusting my fin straps at various times and depths during a dive but didn't want to spring for spring straps without trying the following. Rather than spring fin straps I made new straps using 1/4" doubled bungy cord and attached them to the fins using the standard quick release that most fins come with. The doubled bungy is covered with some clear plastic tubing like the spring types. Works for me.

I got tired of adjusting my fin straps at various times and depths during a dive but didn't want to spring for spring straps without trying the following. Rather than spring fin straps I made new straps using 1/4" doubled bungy cord and attached them to the fins using the standard quick release that most fins come with. The doubled bungy is covered with some clear plastic tubing like the spring types. Works for me.

Same here....I bought the bungee cord with plastic covered metal hooks that I simply bent over the fin knobs with a pair of channel lock pliers and cut the bungee to the correct length. Like you, I was interested in spring straps, but having dived with my fins this way for a year now, I think I might just keep them this way.

couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom