SRP Camera Tray Chevron Underwater Tripod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dauntless

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The Chevron (some might call it a boomerang) part of the SRP camera Tray system makes a really great underwater tripod. LocLine legs allow a variety of camera angles. Extended the LocLine legs with CPVC, and it is good for about 12 inches more height. Above that, it got a little shaky with CPVC extensions but I was outside and Tropical force winds from Debby were whipping by. Hopefully I can get some more LocLine and extend the legs so won't need extensions. Was looking for something that I could set up and video creatures on the sand or rock or maybe in a wreck. The locline legs should make for a stable platform and could wrap around something stable. The legs will also fold under too for transport. You could put a SS split ring in the lanyard hole and clip it to your BC with the legs folded.

Used #10-32 "T" nuts in the slot and up front to attach the locline.

Obviously you could attach additional Locline tubing in the slot for lights or the tray handles. This thing will allow just about anything you can think of.

The SRP Chevron will accommodate just about any UW camera and housing, it's not just for GoPro. I have an Ikelite housing for a JVC Picsio in the picture but it will also accommodate my large housing for Nikon S8100 in several orientations.

Looking to get some killer pictures of carpet anemones soon with this rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom