SPYDERCO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rzep

Contributor
Reaction score
In times, when every piece of crap, is advertised, as best thing, since the invention of the wheel, I belive that honest, unsolicited user opinion, is worth more then months of ad campaign.
You order 'the best thing' and then you received useless, inferior quality piece and when you try to reached the producer, you just find, that customer services is not existing.
Therefore, when occasionally, your experiences are compleatlly opposite, those rare occurances deserving an accolade.
Here is one of mine:
I am commercial diver and one of tools of my trade is a good knife.
Long time ago I 've choose Spyderco Atlantic Salt. It stays sharp long time, it doesn't rust, it is yellow and visible in low vis conditions. My preference is a serrated blade. One disadvantage of that is, serrated blade is difficult to sharpen, but Spyderco offers free sharpening for life on their products. You just have to pay for shipping.
I have two of those knives clipped to the D-rings of my harness. One on the right side is for the emergencies, one on the left is use at work, cutting material, ropes, tapes etc. Once the left one get dull, I send it for sharpening, when it comes back sharp like new I rotate my knives. On the project I am right now, I am the foreman, so I stay up top. Because of that, I decided, it is a good time, to send both knifes for sharpening. My old knives were used and abused. The checkering on the handles was almost not existing from abrasion, the blades were never cleaned, stored packed with sand and dirt. Cutting something in no visibility condition, often hitting some hard objects, rock, steel etc.
Most of a time the turnaround is 10 to 14 days, so about day 18 I call customer office.
"Knives are on the way back to you Sir, we are very sorry for an inconvenience."
"No problem and thank You"
The package arrived two days latter and when I open it there were two brand new Spyderco Atlantic Salt knives and a letter of apology.
That is a customer service fa beyond my expectations.
Spyderco You got a customer for life.
Tomek R
Bristol, CT
RsKoX6ZFFlfNj3u03

jdyG8nEYIrOYuDZA2
20170912_211251-1-1.jpg
DSCF2566.JPG

I agree, the Spyderco Atlantic Salts are awesome! I only use one topside but between working on a tugboat and driving/crewing on dive boats they see a bunch of use and not one spec of rust!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom