Springfest "V" 2012 - April 27 to 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robin from 4-C Barbecue has offered to bring his huge grill out on Saturday evening for everyone to cook their stuff on. This will help out because we won't have a hot, smoky grill right in the middle of JM and TL and the festivities...Robin is a totally generous man. I plan to eat at 4-C Friday evening....

I was thinking 4-C Friday myself. Can't go wrong with that for dinner.

Robin from 4-C Barbecue has offered to bring his huge grill out on Saturday evening for everyone to cook their stuff on. This will help out because we won't have a hot, smoky grill right in the middle of JM and TL and the festivities...Robin is a totally generous man. I plan to eat at 4-C Friday evening....

Awesome!! This is shaping up to be quite an event!! :)

gear checked & packed. Blew an O ring on my SPG, will get by Phil's tomorrow to get that fixed.

camping gear found & set out.

Site 7 booked.

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2012 at 06:28 PM ----------

reminder:

when diving the jetties, each dive group is required to have a dive flag.

we should get in friday afternoon. might be able to do a tank at morrison, depending on what time we make it in.

does vortex bank nitrox or do the tanks have to be O2 cleaned to get fills?

I guess I need to know about fills, too! Do most people fill at Vortex?

I have rum. I have the Z rum, the K rum, and the P rum. And beer. Four Peaks Kiltlifter. Someone said it is a very nice beer.

I dunno. I don't drink beer. :idk:

fills are cheaper in PCB. Pats shop or dive locker, both bank nitrox at 32% and both have reasonable prices. Pat's my friend so I tend to go there first. Think $5 - $7 for nitrox fills.

Vortex in the past had a bad fill station & I would never buy gas there. They ripped that out & put in a new system & so far as I know have had good air/nitrox since, but do charge more for it. But I'm not sure if they bank or partial blend nitrox.

I believe that Vortex has 32% banked. In October, I had consistently hot fills that would cool off to be about 300psi low. I'll fill there if I have to, but I plan to go by Pat's when in PCB.

Jax,

I had to look up your beer. There's another "Kiltlifter" produced by the Moylans brewery that is available here, but I see that you've got something different. Looks like a nice medium bodied Scotch ale. Not very bitter, more malty. Looking forward to trying it!

Okay Cardzard and I are in! We reserved site #3 and will be in after 9 PM on Friday.

We would like to join in with those who are going to the jetties on Saturday and the fresh water rinse afterwards at Morrisons. I'll pick up potatoe salad and cole slaw for Saturday's dinner contribution.

Looking forward to seeing you all then! :D

Last edited:
Vortex does bank 32%. If I'm not mistaken, Shane had a whole new system put in before he left and there haven't been any bad fills since that I'm aware of.
I don't visit Vortex as much as a lot of folks on here, but; I've never had a short fill. Every fill I got was done by Johnny Mac when he worked there or Eduardo.
I have never been disappointed. YMMV

I should be in to Vortex in the very early afternoon on Thursday. I will be stopping for my BBQ at 4-C before setting up camp. I'm heading out to karaoke with Tammy and Johnny Mac Thursday night. So if anyone wants to come along, feel free to join us. It's great to hear that they will be entertaining us Saturday night. It was definitely quiet during the last dive event. I'm stuck on 8A site, supposedly no power, my regular site had been snatched up. I may have to come camp out with you on 9 Squiddy!

See y'all there!
Carolyn:shark2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom