Springfest "V" 2012 - April 27 to 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang Parysa, where you been hiding?

Bugman, :happywave: I figured I'd let you guys run amok for long enough. Somebody's gotta straighten y'all out. And I've missed Tommy and Uncle Ricky's chicken dance.
Hey Jimi! My sports have been taking me up instead of down lately. I took up rock climbing. Between that and money just being so tight, I haven't managed to make it down in awhile. But I'm planning on coming to the 'fest and introducing a few of my friends who are newbie divers to the Dixie Divers community. :) How have you been?

Anyone planning to do a Jetties dive out of PCB on Sat or Sunday? High Tide for the Jetties is 1:59pm on Saturday (Which means in the water by ~ 1:15pm) and on Sunday High Tide is at 2:57pm (which means in the water around ~2:15pm) As to the dive out of Panama City that I saw a few posts ago, what is the price of that dive?

Just got confirmation that Johnny Mac and Tamilyn will be providing entertainment on Saturday evening. :D

Woooooo Hoooooo!!! It wouldn't be Springfest without them! :D

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 10:01 AM ----------

Anyone planning to do a Jetties dive out of PCB on Sat or Sunday? High Tide for the Jetties is 1:59pm on Saturday (Which means in the water by ~ 1:15pm) and on Sunday High Tide is at 2:57pm (which means in the water around ~2:15pm) As to the dive out of Panama City that I saw a few posts ago, what is the price of that dive?

We are in for Saturday. You pay by the vehicle and maybe around $8 per vehicle ..??? Can someone else confirm this?

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

Hey guys! Long time no see. :D Unless something changes between now and then, I'm planning on being there with a group of friends in tow! Anyone have room on their campsite for another tent?

Oh yeah, and where's the Kraken?

It will be great to see you again! :D

...Hey Jimi! My sports have been taking me up instead of down lately. I took up rock climbing. Between that and money just being so tight, I haven't managed to make it down in awhile. But I'm planning on coming to the 'fest and introducing a few of my friends who are newbie divers to the Dixie Divers community. :) How have you been?
I've been doing OK! Busy as heck at work. We must be one of the few manufacturers who business has been good the last 2-3 years. Sounds like you've stayed busy. Quite the adventurer you are. I'm way too lazy to try rock climbing. :D See y'all next weekend.

park is $8 per car. I'll be diving the jetties on saturday
Sounds like the jetties on Saturday is the plan. Maybe an afternoon/evening dive at Morrisons to get that nasty sat out of the gear. :eyebrow:

Woooooo Hoooooo!!! It wouldn't be Springfest without them! :D

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 10:01 AM ----------

We are in for Saturday. You pay by the vehicle and maybe around $8 per vehicle ..??? Can someone else confirm this?

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

It will be great to see you again! :D

Sorry, I was talking about the boat dive I saw posted, to dive the Jetties it's super cheap.

morrisons either sat late or sunday early, so it gets rinsed before heading home

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

FWIW, I plan on 2 tanks at the jetties. For me, that means the first tank early on what's left of the incoming tide and the second around the slack of high tide.

So with a peak HT at 1:59, I'd be heading in by 11:30 for my 1st dive, the out, swap tanks & back in by 1:15 for the 2nd

Sorry, I was talking about the boat dive I saw posted, to dive the Jetties it's super cheap.

Oh sorry. I thought you were talking about the jetties. I will have a newbie diver with me so he is not quite ready for boat dives. Someone on that trip please chime in and give KnightDiver info on the boat trip.

morrisons either sat late or sunday early, so it gets rinsed before heading home

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

FWIW, I plan on 2 tanks at the jetties. For me, that means the first tank early on what's left of the incoming tide and the second around the slack of high tide.

So with a peak HT at 1:59, I'd be heading in by 11:30 for my 1st dive, the out, swap tanks & back in by 1:15 for the 2nd

Count us in. There will be three of us. And of course, always 2 tanks.

Here's the most recent info for the Sat. AM trip as far as I know:

Whoo Hoo!

Diver Den is showing some real love to us SB'ers, here is the deal I worked out.

Sat. AM Offshore dive and I asked for the Twin Tugs and one other wreck of our choice.
Depths max about 85 ft - 90 ft and should be good vis.
Its a real nice dive and Livesforsharks will back me up on that.

Now the shop is going to book us individually for $70 and toss in fee air!

Here is what to do. Call the shop ASAP and ask for Stacie or tell them your with the Scuba Board Vortex Divers Group and make your reservation.

Also send a post so I can keep a count of who's in.

Lets dive!!

Divers Den - Stacie
850-871-4777 or

850-527-8022

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom