Springfest "V" 2012 - April 27 to 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like everyone who has voted is happy with April 27th through 29th! If none oppose, I'll ask a mod to change the title to include the dates so that everyone can mark their calendars. :D

Would love to attend. Talking with Wayward Son, Mike_S and Jax about attending too. I'm commited to the Fools Megadive March 30, but hopefully can get to this event too.

Is there some Who, What, When, Where info available for noobs so we don't get lost and confused beyond recovery?

850-836-4979 is the number I have for vortex. they have a web site as well.

camping was $25 per night (doesn't include diving) and I think cabins were about $60.

I'm in if at all possible. Right now I see no reason that I can't make it.

What's the possibility of a night dive either friday or saturday night at vortex?

and what's up with DJ Johnny & Tammy, I think is her name? Are they available & are we planning on taking up funds or what?

What about camping at St. Andrews and doing some night dives there? I'm working that weekend but I may be able to swap with someone.

Is there some Who, What, When, Where info available for noobs so we don't get lost and confused beyond recovery?

Some people arrive on Friday and some on Saturday. We all usually camp or get a bunk room at Vortex Springs for the weekend. You can contact them and make your reservations with the link provided above. Some people stay in local hotels as well. We usually dive Morrison Springs on Friday and St Andrews Jetties in Panama City on Saturday. Some like to rent or bring canoes and canoe to Cypress Springs. There is no charge for any of this diving. There is a small fee per vehicle to get into St Andrews State Park. You can also dive at Vortex Springs but there is a per day fee for this. We usually go out to eat at a local restaurant on Friday night or some grill at the campsite and on Saturday night there is a community grill where everyone brings items to grill and sides for everyone to share and then we sit around the camp fire. We have also had a DJ on Saturday nights with karaoke. Other meals are on your own but we can plan for a community breakfast on Sunday morning if enough people are interested.
Just like the Megadive at Ginnie, you have groups who pick and choose which dives they want to do but there will be buddies available for everyone and we all join together for the food and socializing. :)

Thanks, Denise. I look forward to seeing you again. I think I'll try the jetties on Saturday and maybe a fresh water dive to follow as a rinse. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom