Spring Straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

femftal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After infinite "getting my fins off" struggles while shore diving in Curacao, I have decided I'd like to try some spring straps. The operative word here being try (I also have issues keeping the fins on during a dive, but that's an unrelated boot issue I'm also trying to solve). I have Apollo Bio Fins, and their spring straps can't be switched back to the rubber straps once installed. So, any recommendations on the generic ones? Our LDS went out of business, so I was perusing Leisure Pro and in reading reviews didn't see any where folks had installed specifically on the Apollos and wondered if anyone here has? I did a few searches but didn't find any specific posts on the forum. Thanks in advance!

i have a pair of spring straps and have never had any problem with them....

get a pair of the above....they work great.

Expensive is a relative term. As with most things you often get what you pay for.

I don't like spring straps that have plastic buckles for me it almost negates the main selling point of spring straps i.e robustness, plastic can and does break. I wouldn't buy the springs you linked to for this reason. I'd rather pay the extra $30 and be done. The XS springs are very well made and virtually unbreakable which to me is worth the extra. Cheers.

I use spring straps and would recommend them. My only caution would be the sizing, which is contingent upon the thickness and depth of your boot. I found that there is not really a correlation between strap size and boot or fin size. For example, my fins are XL but the straps that I wound up using are S/M. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to work but was a bit confusing when purchasing them. While it may not be an option, I would recommend buying them in person while sizing up the strap with you boots and fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom