Spring Straps for Fins:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

christopher1260

Registered
Reaction score
ok... here's the deal---
I just ordered springs for spring straps from W. B. Jones springs in Kentucky. They come in 11" lengths and are roughly $4 each. I don't know if one will do the job for 2 fins yet. I will keep you posted on that. Here is where the problem lies, I had to buy 7 of them in order for them to process the order. I was wondering if anyone else was interested in stainless steel springs for their fins. I will ship them to you for the $4 cost plus shipping. Just remember that these are just the springs. I don't have them yet, but I will post again to let you know when they get here. Hope that this helps some of you out.

Boogie711:
OK - for future reference, or for anyone else who's reading this, McMaster Carr will sell you 11" stainless steel springs individually.

And I only paid 13.50 for 6 springs to include shipping. I bought so many because I wasn't paying attention and thought I was getting a good deal for 2 springs, but they came in packages of 3.

Um - that was either a while ago, or you've got some weird springs on your straps there dude... I believe the "industry standard" is 3932K54 - which is 4.42 per spring, individually. What are you diving with?

The 3932K54 is a type 302 SS Extension Spring, 11" Length, 1/2" OD, .062" Wire Diameter.

Boogie711:
Um - that was either a while ago, or you've got some weird springs on your straps there dude... I believe the "industry standard" is 3932K54 - which is 4.42 per spring, individually. What are you diving with?

The 3932K54 is a type 302 SS Extension Spring, 11" Length, 1/2" OD, .062" Wire Diameter.

Whoa, you scared me there for a minute, I just double checked and that is the part number that I ordered "3932K54", it actually says $4.52 per pack on the web site. So.............. :54:

Just looked at the catalog page and it says 1 per pack. Maybe someone else wasn't paying attention. Better to be lucky than good!!

When I bought mine about 4 months ago you could only get them in packs of three. I have several left for back up.

I might be interested in the springs if you do in fact determine they work... I am modifying some mares plana fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom