Spring Strap for women - most sizes too long?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just from my experience -- The rubber "grab loop" is convenient, but it's really quite easy to slip an index finger in between the spring strap and the side of your foot, right by where the strap attached to the fin, and slide it to the back to pull the strap off. It'd be nice to find the ones you want, but if you can't, it really isn't a big deal.

TSandM:
Just from my experience -- The rubber "grab loop" is convenient, but it's really quite easy to slip an index finger in between the spring strap and the side of your foot, right by where the strap attached to the fin, and slide it to the back to pull the strap off. It'd be nice to find the ones you want, but if you can't, it really isn't a big deal.

I dont disagree with you, and Im sure she could adapt at some point, but my wife gets anxious when entering and exiting on our shore dives, and any little bit of convenience at this point in our fledgling dive careers, will limit any negative feelings.

I want her to be as comfortable as possible, she loves diving so far.

Thanks.

I got some of those springs that you are talking about from Debra @ Surface Interval Scuba in Dallas. I think only $25, you may want to give her a call. 817-652-DIVE (3483)

That was a deal she was running and it's a sweet price, if she has it available.

Before you assume the Blue Reef's will not fit, go to a shop, and try them. They are about $30 from just about any shop I've seen, and they work great. If they prove too big, I'd suggest a custom pair.

If you REALLY want the rubber pull tab, you could even buy a pair of Blue Reef's, and strip the tabs off of them. That would be a bit of a waste, but it's an option. LP just had the pro version on sale for $10. At that price you could ruin a pair without much thought just for the pulls. You could also try contacting a few LDS's and see if it
s possible to get just the pull tabs.

Hey, they are still on sale except for the small. Buy a pair for yourself at this price, and get a second, and you have your pull tabs! HERE is the link!

Ron, that is what ill probably do, I dont think Ill risk ordering online just to have to return them.

Ive already got the LP pro version in my shopping cart for me, just waiting to hit the button after some more research.

Darn you women with your small feet!!:D :D

Thanks for the nice plugs folks. If you are in S. Cal and in the Irvine area or not far away you can always pop into our showroom at 1751 Langley Ave., Irvine, 92641 and check out what straps may work better than others as well!

You can custom fit spriing straps very easily. You need a cutting implement (dremel or hacksaw) and a vice and pair of pliers (or 2 screwdrivers). There is a pretty good write-up by Dave Dalton on how to make your own that includes pictures of how to form new loops with two screwdrivers. You should be able to buy your wife the ones with the fancy rubber cover and then size them to fit:).

Jackie

Dash Riprock:
Hey thanks guys, Ill look them up!

Edit:

I dont think they will work for me, Im looking for the type with a rubber "grab loop" on the back. Thanks for the effort though, I appreciate it.

Just bought a pair of the 8-inch for my daughter. She wears a size 5/6 bootie and it was perfect. The "new" design has a grab piece on them unlike the older XS scuba. It's not a loop but it does make it easier to grab.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom