Spring Strap for women - most sizes too long?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was looking at getting the Blue Reef straps for my wife from LP. The smallest length they have is 11 3/4". When I measured my wife with boot on, foot in fin, post-to-post the measurement was only 11".

Does anyone know of any options for finding smaller spring straps, short of making them myself?

Dash Riprock:
I was looking at getting the Blue Reef straps for my wife from LP. The smallest length they have is 11 3/4". When I measured my wife with boot on, foot in fin, post-to-post the measurement was only 11".

Does anyone know of any options for finding smaller spring straps, short of making them myself?

Wayward Son makes some really nice ones. All he needs is some measurements. You can PM him, but I will tell you he's in Ft. Lauderdale right now.

I have a pair from Wayward Son and I agree, he does make a nice pair!

Ann Marie:
Innovative SCUBA makes them in SM, MED, etc...

You can find them here:

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-113/012067/Innovative-Ez-Spring-Fin-Strap-Pair.html

Thanks Ann Marie, I saw those. Problem is they dont state how long the small size is, and that is crucial info for a good fit. I will call to see, but so far, every "Small" Ive seen is over 11" in length.

I thought about Wayward's straps or even making them myself, although the last thing I need is another project.

The problem there is that I really like the rubber loops they put on the back of these straps. My wife is small and gets bowled over alot shore diving, I want her to be able to grab these very fast with no fumbling, which I think will help her immensely.

I see you are in So Cal. If you have a Sport Chalet near you, they carry these spring straps. Take in your wife, her boots and fins and try them on. I would call the store closest to you to make sure they have them in stock first. I wear a small on one set of fins and a medium on another.

XS Scuba makes springs straps in 8", 10" and 12" lengths... they are nice solid spring straps that work with a variety of fins.

Dave

I think your right, retail brick-and-mortar may be required here.

Im a big internet shopper, Im lazy and love having everything sent to me! :D

Hey thanks guys, Ill look them up!

Edit:

I dont think they will work for me, Im looking for the type with a rubber "grab loop" on the back. Thanks for the effort though, I appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom