Spring FG trips: Two trips gone out already

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will be ready to board at the dock at 8pm. Bring mosquito spray or be prepared to donate a pint to the blood suckers. Have your duffel of clothes in hand and ready to board. Grab your bunk first. My personal preference is a bottom bunk. They do seem to go first. The bunks are small, but the only difficult night to sleep is the first one.
Bring all of your gear on and rig a tank. The gardens are built for nitrox. If you aren't certified, it's worth it for this trip. Listen to all of your dive briefings carefully. An inability to follow dive briefings or directions creates consternation with the crew.
The hot shower and head on the dive deck are great. You need a shirt when you go get your meals. Dive gloes are not an option. The buoy lines are covered in all sorts of stuff that stings.
A small carry on bag and a dry bag are always good. Organization is always a good attribute. BYO safety sausage, tank marker light, and dive light. Night diving on Stetson is fantastic. Better than East bank. My personal fav gear spots are the ends. You don't seem to get stepped on as much. Go with a relaxed attitude. The crew work hard. I encourage 10-15%.

I'll be on the Fling the beginning of August.

Have fun.

TwoBit

Thanks TwoBit :D, you answered what I needed. I am already Nitrox (will bring my 100cf steely with)and night Certified I just need a sasuage, looks like I have everything else. Will a skin be enough or should I bring my 3mm as a back up? I am 6'3" so the bunk situation will be a cramped one, lol. I spent over 20 years in the uncle sam in a combat position so I can pretty much sleep anywere, lol. Again thanks for the advice :wink: Hopefully some year I will get to dive with some swampers when I have a chance untill then keep the bubbles flowing.

Steve

I believe there is an extra charge for larger tanks. I can't remember if it is for larger than 100cf or 100cf and larger. I would check in to it beforehand.

I believe there is an extra charge for larger tanks. I can't remember if it is for larger than 100cf or 100cf and larger. I would check in to it beforehand.

That's getting into boat policy. Many of those policys are answered on their website. Gulf Diving

TwoBit

Thanks guys, will check into the larger tank issue, even though I would still pay the extra to stay down a bit longer though. Again thanks :D

Staying down that much longer in that situation isn't always the best idea. the 5 dives the first day are a kick in the arse, and pushing yourself to the edge of getting bent isn't always the best idea.

I am 6'3" so the bunk situation will be a cramped one, lol. I spent over 20 years in the uncle sam in a combat position so I can pretty much sleep anywere, lol. Again thanks for the advice :wink: Steve

All bunks on the Spree are 76 inches long except for 17,18,19,and 20. They are 79" long. I believe the 2 back (against the generator room bulkhead) bunks on the Fling are longer than the rest, too. I do not know the bunk numbers. Be first on to get the longer bunks.

All bunks on the Spree are 76 inches long except for 17,18,19,and 20. They are 79" long. I believe the 2 back (against the generator room bulkhead) bunks on the Fling are longer than the rest, too. I do not know the bunk numbers. Be first on to get the longer bunks.

Thanks I am 75" tall so I will try to get on board first. You wouldn't know about the 100cf steel tank costing extra would you? The Nitrox fills are free on this trip I beleive.

Staying down that much longer in that situation isn't always the best idea. the 5 dives the first day are a kick in the arse, and pushing yourself to the edge of getting bent isn't always the best idea.

Thanks for the freindly advice PvillsStange.

Back
Top Bottom