Spring FG trips: Two trips gone out already

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Spree ran AGAIN this weekend. That's two trips out already this year.
Lots of space available during March.
Sprees website

You can also read Capt Frank's trip reports. The hammers are out.

THIS IS NOT A NOVICE DIVE :shakehead:

Check it out!

TwoBit

What are you stirring, Jac? Actually, we made 3 trips so far. Lots of sharks.

Yep. Sunday was calm enough to be lake conditions. Saw hammerheads swim around the boat a few times from the sun deck. In all, tigers, hammerheads, silkies, spotted eagle ray, and manta ray. For some reason, vis on Stetson was like NJ diving. It didn't keep the sharks away though. :D East and west bank were the usual 80~100'. Winter diving in the Gardens is all that it's cracked up to be.

Doh...almost forgot about the dolphins!

68f

Is it typical to see more sharks during the winter months at the FG compared to summer months? I know this is the case for schooling hammerheads, but it seems that there were plenty of other sharks aroundas well on all the Feb dives that I read the trip reports on.

What are you stirring, Jac? Actually, we made 3 trips so far. Lots of sharks.

oh, i was just cookin' out loud again, i mean talkin'.

alright frank, i have to make a serious attempt to get out with you this year. probably not for a shark dive, last time i made it out for a shark dive we came home in 14' seas. that was pleasant. but i did see sharks, so that trip was worth it. but it's always exciting to be in the galley and look out the windows and see water on both sides of the boat. good times, good times.

As long as you don't see a barracuda when you look out the galley window, life is good.

As long as you don't see a barracuda IN the galley, life is good. It's like being able to walk away from a plane crash...as long as the water's on the outside of the boat, there's still hope.
Sure hopin' to get out to the FG this summer!

The Spree ran AGAIN this weekend. That's two trips out already this year.
Lots of space available during March.
Sprees website

You can also read Capt Frank's trip reports. The hammers are out.

THIS IS NOT A NOVICE DIVE :shakehead:

Check it out!

TwoBit

Hey TwoBit I will be heading out on the Spree in Aug what is the boat like from your perspective (first livaboard for me). What should I bring. small carry on bag etc, any advice would be apreiciated. Oh and what is the ussaul tip for a two day trip? I will be going to the Stetsons. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom