Spring Break Shark Attack... OMG this trash rules!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
Yum yum, hotties in skimpy, wet bikinies :eyebrow:
In High Def as well....whoooooo hooooo

Mo2vation:
So I'm doing some construction on my studio - upgrading the electrical, yanking out the carpet, changing the drum booth, etc. And I have the TV rolling in the background, but I'm totally tuning it out.

At 9:00 PST comes this fine cinema ("starring" some chic from the OC...) I look up, and see a prevew showing like a zillion sharks swimming towards a platform filled with hotties and hard bodies all falling into the water enmass to get munched together. Genius.

Tiger sharks on parade. Chics in wet bikinis. I gotta check this out.

So I'm sucked in. And by sucked in, I mean in the morbid way you can't look away from a Peter Gallager movie... you see those eyebrows coming at you in 3D, but you can't look away. So I'm watching this trash while I'm wiring in a dedicated outlet for the AC unit, and I'm thinking... "I gotta shake myself..." But its too late - I'm hooked.

So fast forward an hour (yes, this tripe is two hours long...) and I'm wrapping up for the night - putting away the tools, cleaning the drywall pan, etc. I hop on the Elliptical for 25 minutes and watch this thing some more. Now the Tiger sharks are attacking a boat or something, and three hotties in wet swimsuits are all bailing the boat with the outboard motor cover and #10 coffee cans trying to keep the rent-a-tub afloat. Genuis.

Anyway - I KNEW there would be a thread on SB about this crapola. So after it mercifully ends, I dash in... HUH??

I even did a search

Nothing. (unless I missed it)

So I had to start one. Man - I loved this movie. Someone conceived it, someone pitched it, and here's the thing, someone approved it. THAT'S the guy I want to meet.

Anyway - Spring Break Shark Attack rocked.

---
Ken

However - I was forbidden to watch it by my GF and she's not even a diver (which would actually explain a lot).

JustAddWater:
WHAT?!... It was on last night? I can't believe I missed it! From my understanding it is Jaws meets Baywatch. Any rumor of an encore presentation?

More like "Jaws 3" meets "Weekend at Bernies 2" meets the any beach blanket bouncy bingo flick.

Comparing it to Jaws is being generous. Heck - comparing it to Baywatch is being generous.

It was so shockingly, arrestingly bad it ruled.

---
Ken

I saw part of this movie too. At first I was upset the way the sharks were being portrayed, WAY too many sharks are killed every year as it is but after watching this for a few minutes I realised that it was WAY too stupid to be believed.

I only got to see the last 15 minutes of it. Was there any diving in it?

ScubaTexan:
I only got to see the last 15 minutes of it. Was there any diving in it?

Just some thrilling, fuzzy, off-color underwater stock footage sort of spliced in to give us a look at the blunt-nozed looking Tiger shark swimming through the water.

This this was so lame, it ruled.

---
Ken

CBulla - the movie you were thinking of is Deep Blue Sea. The sharks were Makos.
My boyfriend gets sucked in by that movie every time it comes on. He says he can't help it.
Now this is not some goony redneck man we are talking about - he has his master's degree in Forensic Science, dual BAs in Psycology and History, and does a lot of very high level work...... but Deep Blue Sea is his downfall.
Go figure.

I'm just glad he didn't see the spring break shark attack movie..... it sounds like just the thing to take deep blue sea's place! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom