Spring Break dive destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jashaw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The university dive club is planning on going on a spring break vacation this year. What are some good spots that are diver friendly on the East Coast of the United States?

Thanks!

Although not on the east coast, you should consider the the Ultimate Getaway live-a-board out of Fort Myers going to the Dry Tortuga's, by far the best diving in Florida.

The university dive club is planning on going on a spring break vacation this year. What are some good spots that are diver friendly on the East Coast of the United States?

Thanks!

By far the best adventure and best diving for your group, would be in Palm Beach, Florida.

As a group, you can have spectacular deals at the Dive Resort Hotels, and the night life is all you could dream about....whether on Clematis Street in Downtown West Palm, or on Atlantic Avenue in Del Ray Beach. There is kayaking along a river that feels like a trip down the Amazon ( Loxahatchee) , and every water sport you can imagine.

Check out http://sfdj.com/Videos.aspx the 6 minute Tour video on this page, or some of the other videos you can scroll down through....you will almost have to find something that you consider an "Ultimate Adventure Dive".....

Per person double occupancy rates for your group should be under $70, maybe lower...Diving Groups get great deals at Palm Beach Hotels. You dont need rental cars, as the hotel will have free shuttles to boats or all around the is

Reactions: Doc
Any particular area/state on the East coast ???....You driving or flying ???....Does your club want to do any certain type of diving ????....Narrow it down and you'll get good suggestions from board members.....

Reactions: Doc
Thanks all for responding. I failed to mention that Florida is also a possible area too.

Not very specific on location, probably North Carolina and south is the intended region of the East Coast. We are not sure on method of transport yet. Since many of them are fairly new to diving, I would prefer to keep the diving to reefs/shallow wrecks and things like that (artificial reefs would be great!). We would be renting almost all of our gear from the area that we would be diving in to avoid having to take gear other than mask and fins. If there is a resort that offers shore diving, that will be very attractive since it would avoid getting a charter scheduled, and would probably be more fun overall since we would not have to be bothered so much by the boats' schedule.

Keep the areas coming, anything mentioned will help me decide what and where we could be diving at.

Not to knock the Palm Beach area, but what about Ft Lauderdale ?
Don't get me wrong, I go to the Palm Beach area every spring for vacation and diving.
I just think you would have more fun in Ft Lauderdale. There is much more night life in the Lauderdale area.
The waters off of North Carolina will be much cooler than south Florida that time of year, so factor that in.

The Florida keys would also be a vewry nice spot for your trip.

Good luck,
Jim Breslin

I have considered the Keys, but i'm thinking that it'll more $$ than many of the members are willing to pay. There's still some time to look for areas that are of interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom