spot treating bubbling paint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akchan

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone ever spot treat bubbling paint tank? Sand the bubble out then paint it? My friends dad applies clear shields onto car bumpers, hoods, etc. I'd probably apply that over the paint for extra protection. It's called 3M venture shield.

What type of paint would you use?

What do you think?

Leave the galvanising intact, if you sand it
Strip it instead and feather the edges a bit

anyone ever spot treat bubbling paint tank? Sand the bubble out then paint it? My friends dad applies clear shields onto car bumpers, hoods, etc. I'd probably apply that over the paint for extra protection. It's called 3M venture shield.

What type of paint would you use?

What do you think?
Aluminum or steel tank?

Ive got some al80s that are getting some small bubbles under the paint here and there. Ive been lightly scraping them off with a razor blade so they dont hold water and get worse. Wish they were all bare brushed aluminum, i may end up stripping them down this winter...

Aluminum. Based on some reading, planning to use Jasco that is cheapest and readily available at Home Depot if I do a strip down. Most likely will

Aluminum. Based on some reading, planning to use Jasco that is cheapest and readily available at Home Depot if I do a strip down. Most likely will
Strip all the paint and leave it bare. It will be continually failing until its removed

Back
Top Bottom